Bacon Spinach Cheese Ball
This isn't your normal basic cheese ball! Bacon Spinach Cheese Ball is sure to be a hit at your next party, if you even want to share it! Everyone will be asking for the recipe.
- 6 slices bacon
- 6 ounces fresh spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup onion, finely minced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 (8 ounce) block of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar jack cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Adapted from steaknpotatoeskindagurl.blogspot.com
In a large skillet cook the bacon until crisp. Set aside to cool and drain on paper towels. Chop when cool.
Drain all but 1 tablespoon bacon grease from the skillet. Add the spinach and cook over medium heat until wilted and cooked through. Sprinkle the spinach with salt and set aside on a cutting board to cool. Chop finely when cooled.
Add the onion to the skillet and cook until it's translucent and a tiny bit golden at the edges. Add the garlic to the skillet and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
Place the cream cheese in a large bowl. Add cheese, onions, garlic, half of the chopped bacon, chopped spinach, and cayenne pepper and stir well.
Roll the cream cheese mixture into a large ball and then roll in the remaining chopped bacon. Wrap tightly and refrigerate until ready to serve.
You'll also love
- Pennsylvania Dutch Hot Bacon... 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Gorgonzola Garlic Bread 4.4/5 (25 Votes)
- Cheesy Leftover Mashed Potato Cups 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Japanese Fruit Cake 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Strawberry Spinach Pasta Salad... 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Ground Beef and Potatoes 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Christmas Pecan Divinity 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Pumpkin Bars with Brown Sugar... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)