El Chico's Queso Dip
This queso dip is mm mm good! Bring it to a party or get together, or even serve it for game night at home!
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 6 ounces Velveeta Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product, cubed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Baked tortilla chip scoops
Pour both cans of tomatoes into a colander over a small bowl; drain, reserving 1/3 cup liquid. Discard remaining liquid or save for another use.
In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in cream cheese until melted. Add the tomatoes, process cheese, chili powder and reserved liquid. Cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted. Stir in cilantro.
Transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker or chafing dish; keep warm. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 3 cups