Cherry Trifle Dessert
A quick & easy dessert for a crowd, wonderfully presented in a shot glass!
- 2 Tbsp. Marsala Wine
- 1/2 C. Slightly Cooled Strong Expresso Coffee
- 2 Tbsp. Super Fine Granulated Sugar
- 50 g Grated Good Quality Dark Chocolate
- 1/2 C. Thick Vanilla Custard
- 4 pcs. Mini Jam Sponge Rolls
- 1 Can 425g Cherries
- Fresh Cherries For Garnish
Mix sugar, coffee & marsala together in a bowl & stir till sugar dissolves. Take 1 1/2 oz. shot glasses & put the sponge slices in each glass (cut to fit). Reserve 1 Tbsp. of coffee mixture in a sm. cup & drizzle the rest over the slices of sponge. Next, layer cherries, chocolate, custard; repeat then finish with some sprinkled chocolate & the remainder of the coffee mixture, a fresh cherry on top & serve.