Pumpkin Mousse Trifle With Cranberries and Apricot-Orange Sauce-Food and Wine Festival EPCOT
- 1 store-bought spice cake mix, prepared per package directions and cooled
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup apricot jam
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 egg yolk (or 1/4 cup pasteurized egg yolks)
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin pie filling
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Ocean Spray Craisins Original Dried Cranberries , plus extra as garnish
Adapted from magicalrecipes.net
Prepare cake as following package directions.
Cut into cubes and set aside.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Line a sheet pan with foil;
Combine oats, flour, brown sugar and sugar in a medium bowl.
Add melted butter and stir until mixture is crumbly.
Pour onto prepared sheet pan.
Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
Set aside to cool; crumble into small pieces.
Combine apricot jam and orange juice in a medium mixing bowl.
Whisk together until smooth.
Combine egg yolk and pumpkin pie filling in a medium mixing bowl.
Place white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl.
Microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stopping every 30 seconds to stir.
Stir melted white chocolate into pumpkin mixture.
Using an electric mixer on high speed, whip cream in a medium mixing bowl until stiff peaks form.
Gently fold whipped cream into pumpkin mixture.
Place a dollop of mousse at the bottom of a serving dish.
Top with Craisins dried cranberries and a drizzle of sauce.
Place a few cubes of cake over mousse.
Top with another layer of mousse, Craisins and sauce, then top with streusel.
Garnish with a few Craisins on top.
You'll also love
- Spice-Rubbed Pork Skewers with... 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Apple Caramel Coffee Cake 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Baby Bok Choy Sauteed in Sesame,... 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Almond Flour Banana Bread 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Butternut Squash Enchiladas 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Zucchini Appetizer 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Herb-Crusted Rack of Lamb with... 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Cream... 4.4/5 (30 Votes)