Almond-Crusted Apricot-and-Brie-Stuffed Chicken
Brie creates a luxurious creamy filling in these stuffed chicken breasts that keeps the chicken moist and requires no sauce. Leaving the wing bone offers a “restaurant look” but is not necessary.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts with wing bone still attached
- 2 oz (60 g) brie cheese, rind removed and sliced
- 4 dried apricots, finely chopped
- ½ cup (125 mL) sliced almonds, divided
- 1 tsp (5 mL) minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each coarse salt and freshly cracked pepper
- ½ cup (125 mL) fresh bread crumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC).
2. With knife held horizontally and starting at the thinner side, cut each chicken breast in half, but not all the way through; open like a book.
3. Arrange brie slices over chicken, leaving a ½-inch (1-cm) border uncovered. Sprinkle with apricots, ¼ cup (50 mL) of the almonds, rosemary, salt and pepper; close breast, pressing around edges to seal.
4. In a shallow dish, combine bread crumbs and remaining almonds. Dip the chicken breasts in the egg; then dredge in crumb mixture, pressing gently to coat completely.
5. In a large ovenproof skillet, melt butter and oil over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken until golden, about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer to oven; bake until cooked through, about 15 to 20 minutes.