Paleo ‘Hail Merry’ Lemon Tart Knock-Off
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Zest one lemon
- Optional: Vanilla Creme Stevia to taste ( I used 5 drops)
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked a minimum of one hour, longer great!
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup full fat canned coconut milk or homemade thick and creamy nut milk
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup honey ( I replace half with liquid stevia equivalent)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract (the lemon is optional, however it really heightens the lemon flavor)
- Grated zest of 1-2 lemons (essential to the lemon flavor, don't leave out!)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from tessadomesticdiva.com
For the crust, process almonds in the food processor until you have a meal/flour consistency.
Add in remaining crust ingredients and pulse until well blended. You should be able to press the mixture together into a crust, add more agave/lemon juice if necessary.
Press into greased individual tartlet pans, muffin tins, or make them into a bar using an 8 x 8 pan.
For the filling, process all ingredients until silky smooth (multiple minutes).
Taste and add more sweetener if you prefer, or more lemon!
Spread into the awaiting crust, and refrigerate until set and ready to eat!! Heaven!
If you have leftover filling like us, we sandwiched the creamy filling in between two Kinnikinnick Gluten Free Graham Crackers, Smoreables. I called them "Ice Cream Sandwiches" for my kid's sake. Can you imagine a chocolate version oozing amongst these...yum!!
You'll also love
- Chilling Out Watermelon Soda 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Pineapple Orange Trifle 4/5 (45 Votes)
- Pork Chops with Lemon Basil Cream... 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
Review this recipe