Triple Tomato Chicken W.W. Points Plus 8
- 1/4 cup frying oil
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 8 thighs)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup red wine (substitute broth or water)
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning (or 1 teaspoon each of oregano, basil and thyme)
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) chopped tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- Cooked pasta or rice to serve
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat for about a minute, then add chicken.
Fry until done on one side, about 3 minutes, then flip and add garlic. Continue cooking until second side is done.
Deglaze pan with wine, broth or water. Reduce heat to medium-low.
Add seasoning, chopped tomatoes and tomato paste and stir to combine.
Cover pan with lid and allow to simmer for about 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (cut into the thickest part of a thigh to ensure doneness). Taste sauce and add salt as desired.
Top chicken pieces with sun-dried tomatoes. Serve over pasta or rice.
Servings: 4. Serving size: 2 thighs with sauce. Per serving: 330 calories, 19.8 g protein, 16.4 g fat, 21.3 g carbohydrates, 3.5 g dietary fiber, 688 mg sodium, 12.1 g sugars, 68 mg cholesterol
Cook’s Tip: The chicken will cook even more quickly if flattened with a meat mallet or tenderized by a butcher first.