Sesame Quinoa Spring Rolls
Quick, healthy, and great tasting, Quinoa Spring rolls are filled with greens and a perfectly prepared dressing of rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, minced ginger, and garlic. Filled with healthy red quinoa and crispy lettuce, these spring rolls make a perfect snack, filling lunch, or zesty appetizer for any occasion. Serve a this crowd-pleasing dish at your next party because it will be the star of your appetizer table.
- SPRING ROLLS:
- 2 cups red quinoa
- 3 cups water
- 4 handfuls of greens or lettuce of your choice
- 10 rice paper wrappers
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 4 teaspoons sesame oil
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from thehealthyhavenblog.com
Rinse and drain the quinoa and cook for 12 minutes in 3 cups of water.
While quinoa cooks, make the dressing, cut up the greens and whisk the greens and dressing together in a bowl. Once quinoa is done, combine it with the dressed greens.
Before assembling the spring rolls, fill a square pan with water. Then soak a wrapper for 30 seconds or until it begins to soften. Don’t let it sit for too long because it will soften and fall apart. Place the wet rice wrapper on a flat surface and with a spoon fill the wrapper with about 3 tablespoons of the lettuce-quinoa mixture. Fold the edges over and roll into a spring roll. Repeat by soaking another rice wrapper and wrapping it. Keep going until all the filling has been used.
Whisk all the dressing ingredients together in a bowl and serve immediately with the spring rolls.
You'll also love
- Outback Blooming Onion 4.3/5 (57 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Bourbon Cocktail... 4.9/5 (10 Votes)
- Maple-Bourbon Smash 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Football Field Dessert 4.9/5 (9 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Loaded Potato Soup 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Cinnamon Roasted Pecans 4.5/5 (42 Votes)
- Hot Onion & Cheese Soufflé Dip 4.4/5 (51 Votes)
- Chinese New Year Cake 4.5/5 (32 Votes)