Looking for more ways to eat creamy and healthy avocado? You need to try grilling your avocados! Switch it up and try other fillings like ground beef or shrimp.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 large ripe avocados, halved, seeded, and peeled (about 1 pound total)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt or 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup bottled picante sauce
- 1 ounce Monterey Jack or farmer cheese, shredded or crumbled (1/4 cup)
- Snipped fresh cilantro
- Salad greens, optional
- Bottled picante sauce, optional
- Dairy sour cream, optional
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Adapted from bhg.com
Stir together olive oil and lime juice. Brush avocados all over with olive oil mixture. Sprinkle cut sides of avocados with salt.
For a charcoal grill, grill avocado halves, cut side down, on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 5 minutes or until browned. Turn avocado halves, cut side up. Fill centers of avocado halves with the 1/4 cup picante sauce and shredded cheese. Cover grill and grill about 5 minutes more or until cheese begins to melt. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place avocado halves on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.)
Remove avocados from grill. Sprinkle tops of avocado halves with snipped cilantro. If desired, serve on a bed of salad greens with additional picante sauce and sour cream. Makes 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Applesauce Walnut Cake w/Cake Mix 3.7/5 (179 Votes)
- Loaded Baked Potato Casserole 4.6/5 (77 Votes)
- Banana Pudding Cheesecake 4.4/5 (84 Votes)
- Baked avocado with egg and bacon:... 4.6/5 (67 Votes)
Review this recipe