Strawberry Arugula Salad with Sweet Lime Vinaigrette
Sweet lime vinaigrette adds acidity and brightness to this salad of spicy arugula and sweet strawberries.
- 8 strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 10 cups baby arugula
- 4 ounces Parmesan cheese, crumbled with the tip of a knife (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Toss the strawberry slices, arugula and parmesan crumbles in a large bowl.
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Vigorously whisk together the mustard, sugar, lime juice and orange juice in a medium bowl, whisking between additions to dissolve all the ingredients. Add the olive oil in a thin stream while whisking with the other hand.
(This is a perfect time to ask for an extra hand, or place the bowl in the center of a dish towel curled into a circle around the base to stabilize it.)
Taste and season with a pinch of salt, if needed, and a grind or two of pepper. Toss the salad with some of the dressing and serve the rest on the side.
You'll also love
- Easy Cabbage Potato and Smoked... 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- Baked Lemon Chicken 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Cranberry Tart 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Cake 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Veggie Samosas - Easy Snacks to... 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
- Strawberry Shortcake Fudge 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Orange Creamsickle Cookies 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Lemony Kale and Radish Saute 4.3/5 (36 Votes)