Baked Lemon Chicken
Juicy, tender and tasty chicken n' mushrooms. An easy weeknight meal that's simple to prepare using economical ingredients.
- 6 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup vegetarian chicken broth, non-fat, low-sodium or chicken stock or white wine*
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Adapted from recipeland.com
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
Place the olive oil in an 8x8 inch glass baking dish.
Season both sides of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
Place the chicken breasts in the dish, coating each side with oil.
Alternatively brown the chicken breasts over medium-high heat in a skillet before baking. This will develop more flavor and leave a fond in the skillet to help add more flavor to the sauce.
Squeeze the juice of 1/2 lemon over the chicken breasts.
Slice the rest of the lemon and place a lemon slice on top of each chicken piece.
Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes until cooked through and the juices run clear.
If you pan-seared the breasts the cooking time will be reduced to 10 to 20 minutes.
In a large skillet, melt the 1/4 cup butter or margarine.
Add the sliced mushrooms.
Saute until the mushrooms are brown and have exuded their juices, about 6 minutes.
Sprinkle with the flour and blend.
Add the chicken broth, stirring to make a medium thick sauce.
Allow to reduce, adjusting with a little more broth to make a creamy sauce.
Add fresh parsley at the last minute.
You'll also love
- Cranberry Tart 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Meatballs in Caramelized Onion... 4.4/5 (47 Votes)
- Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Cake 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- Orange Creamsickle Cookies 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Lemon Cake with Whipping Cream... 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- Buttery Lemon Chicken 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Picnic Lemon Chicken (adapted from... 4.3/5 (37 Votes)