Veggie Samosas - Easy Snacks to Make
Savory bundles of pastry, potatoes and peas delight the tastebuds with coriander, garlic and ginger. Veggie samosas will become your new favorite snack.
- 10 to 12 ounces potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- Water for cooking vegetables
- 2 cups green peas
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh ginger, chopped
- 2 pinches of black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 teaspoon ground fennel
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 4 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- 4 tablespoons water, divided
- Salt, to taste
- 6 phyllo sheets
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 5 cups canola oil for frying
Adapted from easysnackstomake.net
Peel and cut potatoes into small pieces. Boil in salted water for 10-15 minutes or until soft. Drain and cool.
Boil peas in lightly salted water for about 2 minutes. Drain.
Mash potatoes coarsely and mix in the peas.
Heat oil in a saucepan and add coriander seeds. When they start to sizzle, add garlic, chili and ginger. Fry for 2 minutes.
Add remaining spices and 2 tablespoons water. Cook 3 to 4 minutes more.
Stir the coriander mix into the potato mixture and season with salt, to taste.
Divide the phyllo sheets into 3 stacks of two layers each. Cut each layer into 6 pieces each, about 3 1/4 by 7 1/2 inches. Fold the dough into squares.
Mix 2 tablespoons water and flour. Moisten 2 adjacent sides of each phyllo with a little flour-water mixture. Add a spoonful of prepared filling to each phyllo and fold into triangles over a damp kitchen towel. Press edges to seal.
Heat oil to 180°F in deep fryer or heavy pot. Add 3 samosas to the preheated oil and cook for 3 minutes.
Drain on folded paper towels. Serve warm
You'll also love
- Strawberry Shortcake Fudge 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Raspberry Swirl Pound... 4.3/5 (40 Votes)
- Strawberry Cake 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
- Asparagus Casserole 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Banana Pineapple Coconut Muffin 4.4/5 (29 Votes)
- Broccoli Cheddar Soup 4.6/5 (22 Votes)
- Thanksgiving Leftovers Casserole 4.3/5 (36 Votes)
- Sweet Potato & Pecan Pie with... 4.5/5 (27 Votes)