cheesecake - Raw Vegan Key Lime “Cheesecake”
- For the crust:
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 2 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup date paste (about 1/3 packed cup of whole pitted dates, run through the food processor first)
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- For the key lime filling:
- 3 cups raw macadamia nuts
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup pure key lime juice
- 3/4 cup raw agave nectar
- 1 tsp vanilla powder (or vanilla extract)
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
Adapted from allisoneats.com
For the crust:
Using a food processor, process the almonds and coconut to a coarse meal. Add the date paste, vanilla and salt and process until well combined.
Press the dough evenly into the bottom of an 8-inch springform pan. Set aside.
For the filling:
Using a food processor, blend the macadamia nuts, almond milk, key lime juice, agave nectar and vanilla until smooth and creamy, about 3 to 5 minutes. If you’re too close to the “liquid max” on the bowl of your food processor then just do this in batches.
Pour into the springform pan with the crust. Gently tap the pan on the counter to remove any air bubbles.
Place the finished cheesecake in the freezer to set, about 2 hours, or until the middle of the cheesecake is firm to the touch. Decorate with chopped almonds and lime zest before serving, if desired.