Trisha Yearwood's Key Lime Cake
Don't care for Pie? No worries, we got you covered. This super moist Key Lime Cake is a great variation of the pie version and tastes better!
- 1 package lime-flavored gelatin, 3 ounces
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Key lime juice (from about 25 small Key limes or 4 large regular limes)
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature, 1 stick
- 1 package cream cheese, room temperature, 8 ounces
- 1 box confectioners’ sugar, 1 pound
- I used lime zest & lime juice in my icing
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 50mins
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Grease and flour three 9-inch-round cake pans.
In a large mixing bowl, mix the gelatin, sugar, flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Stir to mix well. Add the eggs, oil, orange juice, lemon juice, and vanilla. Divide the batter evenly among the 3 pans and bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Test for doneness by lightly touching the tops of the layers or inserting a toothpick. Cool the layers in the pans for 5 minutes, then turn them out onto racks.
While the layers are still hot, mix the lime juice and confectioners’ sugar and pour it over the layers on the racks. You can pierce the layers with a fork to allow the glaze to soak in better. Allow the layers to cool completely as you prepare the icing.
Note: The cream cheese icing is optional. This cake is beautiful and tastes great with just the glaze poured over it.
You'll also love
- Cheesy Cauliflower Cakes 4.4/5 (125 Votes)
- Roasted Vegetable Pasta 4.4/5 (124 Votes)
- Easy Mexican Casserole 4.2/5 (146 Votes)
- Cheater Baked Beans 3.8/5 (268 Votes)
- Macaroon Kiss Cookies 4.4/5 (118 Votes)
- Butterfinger Cookie Dough... 4.5/5 (117 Votes)
- Lemon Coconut Bars 4.4/5 (125 Votes)
- Easiest Pecan Bars Ever 4.3/5 (141 Votes)
Review this recipe