Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing
I had a lot of leftover cilantro (my family loves Mexican food), so I whipped up this creamy Cilantro Lime salad dressing. It was a huge hit, so I quickly wrote down what I used so that I could replicate it.
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup cotija cheese (or parmesan cheese)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com
I am notorious for not measuring, because I adapted this recipe from a more fattening version called "El Toritos Cilantro and Pepita Salad Dressing". I recommend that you adjust seasonings to your liking.
In a food processor, add all the ingredients, except for the olive oil.
Process until the ingredients are emulsified and then slowly drizzle the olive oil until the dressing appears rich and creamy.
You can substitute non-fat Greek Yogurt, instead of mayonnaise for a leaner version.
You'll also love
- Awesome Pasta Salad! 4.3/5 (187 Votes)
- Blueberry Cheesecake Cookies 4/5 (277 Votes)
- Zero Point Weight Watchers Cabbage... 4.3/5 (183 Votes)
- Chewy Lemon Snowdrop Cookies 4.2/5 (204 Votes)
- Lemon Ginger Avo Mayo 4.5/5 (156 Votes)
- Trisha Yearwood's Key Lime Cake 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Zesty Lime Shrimp & Avocado Salad 4.5/5 (107 Votes)