Paleo Broccoli Salad
This broccoli salad is paleo friendly and can easily be adjusted to your own preferences. Double the recipe if you're making it for a party!
- 3 ounces sliced prosciutto
- 1 1/2 pound broccoli crowns, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped finely (about 1/4 of a medium onion)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, packed, chopped finely (about 1/2 a bunch)
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 cup raisins, chopped (I used flame raisins because I like the flavor, but use what you have)
- 1/4 cup Brazil nuts, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, or more to taste
- 1/3 cup mayo, or more to taste
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 35mins
Preheat your oven to 350°F, and line a sheet tray with parchment paper. Lay the prosciutto slices on the tray in a single layer, and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until crispy. Remove from the oven and set aside. (While the prosciutto is baking, I prepped the rest of the ingredients.)
To chop the broccoli, I removed most of the stem and cut it into florets. Then, I put the broccoli florets into the food processor in a single layer (this took 3 batches) and pulsed about 10 times until the broccoli was finely chopped. You can certainly do this with a knife if you don’t have a food processor.
In a very large bowl, combine the chopped broccoli, red onion, parsley, orange zest and juice, raisins, Brazil nuts, salt, and pepper. Stir everything well to combine, then add the mayo. Stir until the mayo is evenly distributed. If it’s too dry for your liking, add more mayo about a tablespoon at a time until it’s dressed the way you like.
Crumble the prosciutto into the bowl. Taste, and adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper.
If you can let this sit for at least 30 minutes or more before eating, it’ll give the flavors a chance to meld.
Store covered in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.
You'll also love
- Lemon-Sage Roast Turkey Breast 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Rhubarb-Blueberry Crumble 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- KOREAN FRIED CHICKEN WINGS WITH... 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- No Bake Salted Caramel Cheesecake 4.4/5 (35 Votes)
- Spicy Cajun Seafood Stew 4.4/5 (29 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli 4.5/5 (32 Votes)
- Creamy Broccoli Chicken Shells &... 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Chicken Potato Chip Club Sandwiches 4.7/5 (20 Votes)