Spicy Cajun Seafood Stew
Quick and easy spicy cajun seafood stew is best served over rice with a piece of crusty French bread for dipping in this spicy and savory sauce. This recipe calls for white fish and shrimp, but you can add any of your favorite seafood, so mix it up and try out this recipe for spicy Cajun seafood stew more than once.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces smoked andouille sausage, diced, about 1 1/2 cups
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 bell peppers, red and/or green, chopped, about 2 1/2 cups
- 1 onion, chopped, about 1 1/2 cups
- 1 (8-ounce) bottle clam juice
- 1 can diced tomatoes, 15 ounces
- 1 pound firm white fish, such as halibut, grouper or black sea bass, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pound peeled and deveined large shrimp, 25 to 35 count
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Kosher salt to taste
- cooked white rice, for serving
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 65mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a large pot or Dutch oven. Cook the sausage until browned, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle the flour over the sausage and cook, stirring, until lightly toasted and the meat is well coated, about 2 minutes.
Add the Cajun seasoning, garlic, peppers and onions and continue to cook until the vegetables are softened, 5 minutes. Add the clam juice, tomatoes and 4 cups water, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pot, and increase the heat to bring to a simmer.
Lower the heat slightly and simmer until the stew is thickened and the flavors are melded, about 30 minutes. Gently stir in the fish and shrimp. Cook, making sure the stew is not bubbling vigorously, stirring once or twice, until the shrimp and fish have just turned opaque, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the parsley.
Season with salt and serve over rice.
You'll also love
- Garlic-Roasted Chicken 4.7/5 (19 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Caramel Apple Cider 4.7/5 (19 Votes)
- Raspberry Baked Brie 4.7/5 (19 Votes)
- Red Velvet Hot Chocolate with... 4.7/5 (19 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Scalloped Potatoes and... 4.7/5 (19 Votes)
- Crab, Bacon and Spinach Quiche 4.7/5 (19 Votes)
- Fried Okra 4.6/5 (28 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup 4.8/5 (6 Votes)