Gluten Free Yellow Cake - King Arthur Flour
Don't let your family and friends who eat gluten-free miss out on the delicious dessert you serve! They will love this completely gluten-free yellow cake mix!
- 3 cups King Arthur Gluten-Free Multi-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free King Arthur Cake Enhancer, optional
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 12 tablespoons soft butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk, room temperature
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from kingarthurflour.com
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease two 9" round cake pan.
Whisk together the flour or flour blend, xanthan gum, and Cake Enhancer.
In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer to beat together the sugar, soft butter, salt, baking powder, and vanilla until smooth. beat for 45 seconds at medium high speed until combined. At this stage the batter will be very thick.
Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl. Still using the mixer, beat in the other eggs one at a time; the mixture should become quite fluffy. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl again.
Continuing to use the mixer, beat in the milk, at low speed, alternately with the dry ingredients, adding about 1/3 of each at a time, and ending with the dry ingredients.
Scoop the batter into the prepared pans. Bake the cake for about 25 to 30 minutes, about 3 to 4 minutes past the point where the cake springs back when touched lightly in the center, and a cake tester (or toothpick) inserted into the middle comes out clean. The finished cake's internal temperature should be 210°F.
Remove from the oven, and cool for 5 to 10 minutes before turning out of the pan to cool on a rack.
You'll also love
- Cajun Turkey Injection Sauce 4.2/5 (54 Votes)
- Bisquick® Potato Pancakes 4.1/5 (45 Votes)
- Cheesy Beef & Rice Casserole 4.1/5 (84 Votes)
- Toffee Crunch Caramel Cheesecake 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Easy Lemon Pound Cake 4.6/5 (23 Votes)
- Pina Colada Poke Cake 4.4/5 (38 Votes)
- No Bake Bourbon Pecan Truffles 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Barbecued Baby... 4.4/5 (39 Votes)