Chicken Potato Chip Club Sandwiches
Not your grandma's chicken salad sandwiches! These double decker sandwiches have bacon (oh, yea) and potato chips, too!
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
- 6 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, plus more for spreading
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons fresh herbs, chopped (such as dill, chives and/or parsley)
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 3 cups rotisserie chicken, skin removed, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 12 slices white sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 3 cups potato chips, plus more for serving
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- Lettuce leaves, for topping
- 1 small bunch watercress, large stems removed
- Pickles, for serving
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat, turning occasionally, until crisp, about 8 minutes. Drain on paper towels, then break each strip in half.
Meanwhile, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, herbs and celery in a large bowl; stir in the chicken. Season with salt and pepper.
Toast the bread and spread with mayonnaise. Divide half of the chicken salad among 4 slices of toast. Top each with some potato chips, 1 piece of bacon, 1 tomato slice, some lettuce, watercress and another slice of toast. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 4 double-decker sandwiches. Gently press each sandwich together and cut in half. Serve with pickles and more potato chips.
You'll also love
- Rise 'n Shine Omelet Cups 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Star Struck Blueberry Cobbler 4.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Pineapple Sheet Cake 4.5/5 (32 Votes)
- Cashew Chicken Salad Sandwiches 4.7/5 (21 Votes)
- Sambal Chili Coconut Shrimp... 4.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Pumpkin Bread Pudding with Apple... 4.4/5 (41 Votes)
- Cinnamon Oatmeal Scones 3.9/5 (87 Votes)
- Bisquick® Potato Pancakes 4.1/5 (49 Votes)