KOREAN FRIED CHICKEN WINGS WITH SWEET GARLIC SAUCE
- Sweet Garlic Sauce:
- 2 Tbs. Finely chopped garlic
- 3 Tbs. soy sauce
- 3 Tbs. Sugar
- 1/3 cup Mirin
- Fried Wings:
- 6 Full chicken wings, removed wingtips, split at joint
- 3/4 cup and 3 Tbs. Tempura Powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup cold water
- Frying oil
- Black and white sesame seeds for garnish
Adapted from seonkyounglongest.com
In a small sauce pan, add all ingredients for sweet garlic sauce. Over low heat, slow cook sauce while prep and fry chicken wings.
Meanwhile dust chicken wings evenly with 3 Tbs. tempura powder in a large mixing bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Another large mixing bowl, combine ¾ cup tempura powder and ¾ cup cold water with a whisk.
Heat frying oil in a large, thick bottomed pot or Dutch oven over medium high heat (about 2 to 3 inches high from bottom of pot); reach 335 to 350 degrees.
Coat dusted chicken wings with tempura batter and carefully drop into hot frying oil. Working in 2 batches, deep fry wings for 10 to 15 minutes or until they are fully cooked. Remove from oil and drain on a cooling rack or paper towels. Repeat with rest of chicken wings.
Remove sauce from heat and it shouldn’t reduced much. Taste if it’s not too salty for your taste. If it is salty, add a bit of water and mix.
In a large mixing bowl, toss fried chicken wings evenly with sauce. Transfer wings to a serving plate, drizzle with leftover sauce in mixing bowl over chicken wings. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds if you’d like to.
You'll also love
- Skillet Chicken & Mushrooms - Low... 4.8/5 (12 Votes)
- One Pot Ground Beef Stroganoff 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Country-Style Pork Ribs 4.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Five Star Filet Mignon Stuffed... 4.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Salsa Chicken Thighs with Rice... 4.8/5 (13 Votes)
- No-Bake Peach Pie 4.5/5 (32 Votes)
- Garlic-Habanero Hot Sauce 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Sambal Chili Coconut Shrimp... 4.8/5 (12 Votes)