Lemon-Sage Roast Turkey Breast
Weight watcher friendly roasted turkey breasts are low in calories but big on flavor.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened, divided (15 Points)
- 3 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped (0 Points)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped (0 Points)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest, grated (0 Points)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (0 Points)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground (0 Points)
- 2 pounds uncooked boneless skinless turkey breast (use one 2-pound breast) (11 Points)
- 1 1/2 cups canned low-sodium chicken broth, divided (1 Points)
- 6 large garlic cloves, unpeeled (0 Points)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (0 Points)
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 80mins
Preheat oven to 400°F.
In a small bowl, combine 1 1/2 tablespoons butter with sage, thyme, lemon zest, salt, and pepper; mash with a fork and spread mixture all over turkey.
Place turkey in a small roasting pan or large ovenproof nonstick skillet; pour 3/4 cup broth around turkey and add garlic cloves to pan.
Roast turkey, uncovered, basting turkey and turning garlic cloves twice, until turkey is cooked through, about 45 minutes (internal temperature of turkey should be a minimum of 165°F at its thickest part). Remove turkey from pan and place on cutting board; loosely cover with foil and let rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, remove peel from garlic cloves. Place roasting pan or skillet with turkey drippings on a burner over high heat; add garlic cloves, remaining 3/4 cup broth, and lemon juice. Bring mixture to a boil, scraping bottom of skillet to incorporate drippings; continue boiling until sauce volume reduces slightly, mashing garlic to blend into sauce, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and strain sauce into a small bowl; swirl in remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons butter until melted.
Slice turkey and arrange on serving platter; drizzle with any drippings from cutting board. Spoon sauce over turkey or serve on the side; garnish with fresh lemon and sage, if desired.
Serving size: 3 ounces turkey and 1 tablespoon sauce
You'll also love
- Buttermilk-Blueberry Breakfast Cake 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Candied Nuts 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Apple Pie Cupcakes 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Little Old Lady Lemon Pound Cake 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Bacon Paste and Bourbon BBQ... 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Orange Marmalade Sriracha Sauce... 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Mozzarella & Tomato-Stuffed... 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- LIGHT LEMON BLUEBERRY CAKE 4.6/5 (18 Votes)