Cooking for 2? This is the recipe for you. I have also doubled it for 4. It is elegant and light. Have no clue where I got the original recipe. I have had it for a very long time.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces shrimp, deveined and sliced in half lengthwise
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1/3 cup carrots, coarsely shredded
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon processed light cream cheese
- 2 cups cooked farfalle (bowtie) pasta, cooked without salt
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon rind, grated
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Fresh chives, chopped (Optional)
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from food.com
Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
Add oil and place over medium-high heat until hot.
Add minced garlic and sauté 15 seconds.
Add shrimp and sauté until pink.
Add peas and carrots. Saute 1 minute, remove from skillet and set aside.
Add broth and cream cheese to skillet. Cook over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until cheese melts, stirring constantly with a wire whisk.
Stir in shrimp mixture, farfalle, and next 4 ingredients. Cook 1 minute.
Garnish with chives, if desired.
You'll also love
- Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms 4.5/5 (60 Votes)
- French Onion & Roast Beef Grilled... 4.5/5 (61 Votes)
- Grapefruit White Wine Spritzer 4.5/5 (55 Votes)
- Twice Baked Potatoes - Weight... 4.2/5 (89 Votes)
- Shrimp & Crabmeat Etouffee 4.1/5 (109 Votes)
- Lemon Drop Martini Cupcakes 4.3/5 (69 Votes)
- Scallops 'n Pasta 4.5/5 (52 Votes)
- Pasta Avocado Salad 4.6/5 (50 Votes)