Cherry Limeade Cookies
These bright, fruity, fresh cookies combine flavors of cherry and lime in a unique cookie that's great for dessert or enjoyed alongside some midday tea.
- LIMEADE FROSTING:
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pack cherry Kool-aid (unsweetened)
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 1/2 pack lime Kool-aid
- 3-4 tablespoon milk
- maraschino cherries with stems
Preparation time 75mins
Cooking time 90mins
Adapted from confectionsofadomesticgoddess.blogspot.de
In stand mixer combine butter and sugars. Beat until light and fluffy.
Add kool-aid, vanilla and eggs. Mix well, then add flour, baking powder and salt. Mix until all combined.
Divide dough into two 8x2-inch logs. Wrap in plastic and chill for at least one hour.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Line cookie sheet with parchment. Remove cookie logs from refrigerator. Cut into 1/2 inch slices.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on cookie rack.
Beat butter, icing sugar, kool-aid and milk together until frosting is fluffy, adding more milk if needed.
Frost cooled cookies using a piping bag or just spread frosting on top of cookies. Complete with cherries on top of each cookie.
You'll also love
- Roasted Mushrooms Stuffed With... 4.5/5 (53 Votes)
- Roasted Cauliflower with... 4.3/5 (76 Votes)
- Buttermilk Rum Pound Cake 4.3/5 (56 Votes)
- Raspberry-Lemonade Cake 4.5/5 (52 Votes)
- Rock Candy Jello Shooters with... 4.4/5 (60 Votes)
- Cowboy Cupcakes 4.4/5 (60 Votes)
- Lemon Slices 4.6/5 (41 Votes)
- Italian Anise Cookies 3.9/5 (108 Votes)