Lemon iced lemon pound cake
Deliciously light, but very lemony sweet pound cake
- 2 sticks of I salted butter, 16 tablespoons
- 1 1/2 cups of cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/4 cups of granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons of grated lemon peel plus 2 teaspoons of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of lemon extract
- Lemon glaze
- 1 teaspoon of grated lemon
- 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice
- Confectioners sugar to desired consistency
350 degree oven
Middle rack in oven
Butter then flour a 9 x 5 loaf pan tap out excess flour
Whisk baking powder, flour and salt together.
Melt butter set aside to cool
In a food processor process grated lemon and sugar 10 seconds.
Slowly add eggs, lemon juice and extracts process just until combined.
With machine running slowly add butter process for a few seconds.
Transfer to a large bowl.
Slowly whisk in sifted cake flour in three parts until combined.
Pour batter into prepared pan and bake at 350 for 15 minutes, then lower oven temp to 325 and continue to bake for 35 minutes.
Let cake cool in pan for 10 minutes then remove, continue to cool.
Glaze if desire with lemon glaze.