Carrot & Zucchini Mini-Muffins
Grated carrot and zucchini play nicely together in these frosted mini muffins. They are a yummy gluten-free option sweetened with maple syrup and honey.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup grapeseed oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/2 cup carrots, grated
- 1/2 cup zucchini, grated
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup whipped cream cheese, room temperature, 8 ounces
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat to 350°F.
Line 24 mini-muffin cups with (1 1/2-inch) paper liners. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, sieve together the flours, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Add any solids leftover in the sieve to the bowl and mix in.
In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the oil, syrup, and egg. Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Mix in the carrot, zucchini, and raisins.
Using 2 small spoons, fill the prepared muffin cups 3/4 full with the batter.
Bake until light golden, about 15 minutes.
Cool for 5 minutes. Transfer the muffins to a wire rack to cool completely, about 30 minutes.
In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese and honey until smooth. Spread the cooled muffins with frosting and serve.
You'll also love
- Lowfat Carrot, Banana, Zucchini... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Quickbread - Zucchini Apple Muffins 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Vegan Spinach Dip 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Har mee, A Malaysian Prawn Noodle... 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Homemade Tasso Ham 4.1/5 (21 Votes)
- Sauteed Shrimp With Coconut Oil 3.9/5 (18 Votes)
- Chocolate Chunk Pumpkin Seed... 4.1/5 (13 Votes)
- Jello Sour Cream Fruit Salad 3.8/5 (68 Votes)