Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa for Two
These fish tacos have all the bright, tropical flavors you're looking for, and the mango salsa puts them over the top!
- FOR THE FISH:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 whole lime, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tilapia fillets
- MANGO SALSA:
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cups red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- Salt, to taste
- Tortillas of your choice
- Cabbage, shredded, for topping
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from tastykitchen.com
Begin by heating up a grill pan or regular grill on medium heat. (If you’re using a grill pan, you should spray the bottom with canola oil or olive oil spray to prevent the fish from sticking.)
While the grill is heating up, in a small bowl whisk together the ingredients for the fish seasoning (olive oil, lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper).
Brush each side of the fillets with the olive oil and lime mixture, and sprinkle a little extra salt and pepper on each side before placing them on the grill or grill pan.
Cook tilapia on each side for about 4 to 5 minutes, or until the fish appears white all the way through.
While the fish is cooking, you can prep your mango salsa. In a small mixing bowl, combine the mango, red onion, jalapeño, and cilantro together. Squeeze the lime juice over top, and add a pinch of salt over top. Mix all together with a spoon.
Once the fish and salsa are finished, heat up your tortillas in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Add your fish to the tortilla and top with the mango salsa and cabbage (optional).
You'll also love
- Summer Salsa 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Blackened Tuna Steaks with Mango... 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Tilapia Smothered in Tomato Sauce 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Linguine With Spicy Shrimp 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Creamy Potato Soup 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Avocado & Roasted Tomatillo Salsa 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Raisin Nut Oatmeal Recipe 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- World Famous PEI Potato Shellfish... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)