Cabbage and Noodles
- 12 oz kielbasa or sausage, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/2 head cabbage, chopped (approx. 6-7 cups)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2/3 cup frozen peas
- 8 oz uncooked egg noodles
- salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
Adapted from spendwithpennies.com
Cook noodles according to package directions, drain and set aside.
In a large saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Cook sausage until lightly browned. Add remaining olive oil, butter and onion. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add cabbage and garlic. Cook until tender (10-15 minutes). Stir in peas, noodles and salt & pepper. Cook 2-3 minutes or until heated through.