You can make and store the dry mix for this cornbread up to 3 months. Once you're ready to enjoy, simply mix in the wet ingredients and bake for 25 to 30 minutes for a cornbread bliss!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups stone-ground cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 65mins
Whisk together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Store in a tightly sealed container in a cool, dry place for up to 3 months.
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Transfer mixture to a large bowl and whisk in milk, oil and eggs until evenly combined. Pour batter into a lightly greased baking vessel and bake for 12 to 15 minutes in standard muffin tin; 10 to 12 minutes in mini muffin tin; 30 to 35 minutes in 8x8-inch baking dish; 55 to 60 minutes in 8-1/2 x 4-1/2-inch loaf pan (tent with foil if browning too quickly) or 25 to 30 minutes in 10-inch cast iron skillet.
You'll also love
- Cowboy Corn Dip 3.8/5 (189 Votes)
- Fried Beef Liver & Onions 4.1/5 (46 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast... 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Apple Pie Oat Muffins 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Buttery Beer Bread Stuffing with... 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Spooky Pretzel Bones 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Brown Garlic Stir-Fry Sauce 3.9/5 (45 Votes)
- Mom's Danish Kringle 4.1/5 (27 Votes)