Hasselback Maple Pecan Sweet Potatoes
This recipe provides an awesome trick to make the perfect Hasselback-style potatoes—try it tonight!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup pecans,chopped
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 65mins
Adapted from tiphero.com
Preheat oven to 425°F (218 degrees Celsius).
Place a sweet potato between two chopsticks for stability and knife guidance. Every ¼-inch along the length of the sweet potato, slice ⅞ of the way through, or until the knife hits the chopsticks. (The chopsticks will help prevent the knife from cutting all the way through the sweet potato.) Repeat with the second potato.
Brush the sweet potatoes with the vegetable oil. Place in a small baking dish and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bake the sweet potatoes for about 30 to 40 minutes, or until soft.
In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, ground cinnamon, chopped pecans, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and kosher salt. Stir to mix.
Spoon the maple syrup mixture over and in between the baked sweet potato slices, pushing the pecan pieces in between each slice.
Return the filled sweet potatoes to the oven and bake an additional 8 to 10 minutes.
You'll also love
- Skinny Lemon Brownies 4/5 (32 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef and Broccoli 4.6/5 (22 Votes)
- Bloody Band-Aid Cookies (Halloween) 4.1/5 (18 Votes)
- Spanish Quiche with Olives &... 4/5 (15 Votes)
- Italian Roasted Garlic & Parmesan... 3.9/5 (14 Votes)
- Old-Fashioned Pecan Pie 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Loaded Broccoli Potato Cheddar Soup 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Paleo SWEET POTATO CAKE WITH PALEO... 4.2/5 (14 Votes)