Skinny Lemon Brownies
These Skinny Lemon Brownies are perfect to satisfy your sweet tooth but won't make you feel guilty! No need to tell anyone that these are skinny- they won't be able to tell.
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 large or extra large eggs
- 3/4 cup super fine sugar or granulated sugar
- 2 tablespons lemon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- LEMON GLAZE
- 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cold water if needed
- Lemon zest for sprinkling on top
Adapted from pointplus-recipes.com
Preheat oven to 340 degrees. Mist a non stick 8 or 9 inch square pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, beat with a hand held mixer or stand mixer, the softened butter with the sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time until well incorporated. Add the lemon juice and zest and mix just until combined.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda and baking soda. Add the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and beat at medium speed for about 1 to 2 minutes until nice and creamy.
Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for about 20-24 minutes. Try not to over bake. The edges will turn lightly golden brown. A toothpick should have moist crumbs. Let cool on a wire rack for at least 20 minutes.
While cooling, prepare the glaze and then spread over the brownies and sprinkle on the zest. Cut into 16 brownies and enjoy!