Loaded Broccoli Potato Cheddar Soup
- – 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- – 1 small onion, small dice
- – 4 medium carrots, small dice
- – 4 cloves garlic, minced
- – 4 medium potatoes, small dice
- – 1 quart chicken broth
- – 2 small broccoli heads, small dice
- – 1/3 cup flour
- – 3-1/2 cups whole milk
- – 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- – 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- – 4 cups cheddar cheese
- – 3/4 teaspoon tabasco sauce
- – 6 slices bacon, precooked and chopped
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from tiphero.com
In a large pot over medium-high heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter. Add the onions
and sauté until translucent.
2.Add the carrots and continue to cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
3.Add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
4.Add the potatoes and chicken broth, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 10
5.Add the broccoli and simmer for another 10 minutes, or until tender.
6.While the soup is simmering, melt the remaining ¼ cup of butter in a large
sauce pan. Whisk in the flour and cook until golden brown, about 1 minute.
7.Whisk in the milk and continue to stir until the sauce thickens.
8.Add the cheese and stir until melted. Season with salt, pepper and the tabasco sauce.
9.Pour the cheese sauce into the pot with the vegetables and broth. Stir until well-combined. Season to taste. Garnish with the chopped bacon and enjoy!
You'll also love
- Beef and Macaroni - Instant Pot 3.7/5 (33 Votes)
- Blueberry Congealed Salad 4.1/5 (18 Votes)
- Avocado Cucumber Salad 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- CARAMELIZED ONION SPAGHETTI SQUASH... 3.7/5 (36 Votes)
- Lemony Roasted Salmon with... 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Broccoli and Cauliflower Mold 3.9/5 (8 Votes)
- Chicken Bratwurst and Onions with... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)