Italian Roasted Garlic & Parmesan Potatoes
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 55 mins
Total time: 1 hour 10 mins
Serves: 4 - 5
The potatoes are baked on top of each other in a casserole dish rather than spread out on a baking sheet. Some of the ends will brown up so you get a little crunch here and there but that’s not the goal.
- butter, for greasing the pan
- 2 pounds russet potatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil (preferably extra-virgin but it doesn't have to be), divided
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, crushed between fingertips
- 4 minced cloves garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- red pepper flakes, optional
- fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
Preparation time 15mins
Adapted from cinnamonspiceandeverythingnice.com
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Generously butter an 8x10-inch casserole dish.
Peel and cut the potatoes in half lengthwise then lay each half flat and slice lengthwise into ½-inch wide half moons.
Place the potatoes in a big mixing bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons of oil.
Toss with the seasoning, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon black pepper and half the Parmesan (plus a few pinches of red pepper flakes if you like).
Pour into the casserole dish and scoop out any spices or garlic left in the bowl.