This hearty 3-meat stew consists of bone-in pork loins, chicken breasts, and beef top round steak to create a flavorful Brunswick Stew recipe.Make this dish the night ahead of when you would like to serve it, because it needs time to sit and allow the flavors to mingle anyways. Serve with a lightly dressed salad and some of your favorite, freshly baked bread.
- 1-pound bone-in pork loin chops
- 2 bone-in chicken breast halves, skin removed
- 1-pound beef top round steak, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 1/2-quarts water
- 2 (14.5-ounces each) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 (8-ounces) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 2 (15.25-ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 (14.75-ounce) cans cream-style corn
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs, toasted
- salt and pepper to taste
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 510mins
In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, place pork chops, chicken, and round steak; cover with water. Cover and cook for 1 1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
Strain stock into another large kettle; refrigerate overnight. Remove bones from meat; dice and place in a separate bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
The next day, skim fat from stock. Add the tomatoes, onion, tomato sauce, vinegar, sugar, garlic and pepper sauce. Simmer, uncovered, for 45 minutes.
Add the kernel corn, cream-style corn, reserved meat; heat through. Stir in bread crumbs; season with salt and pepper.
You'll also love
- Slow Cooker Ranch Pork Chops 4.1/5 (259 Votes)
- Awesome Baked Pork Chops 4.5/5 (106 Votes)
- Rhubarb Cherry Crisp 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken, stuffed breasts & cherry... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cranberry Turkey Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- sausage rigatoni with vodka sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Carmel Corn 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Southwest Corn Dip 0/5 (0 Votes)