Beef Stroganoff without Mushrooms
It's best with mushrooms, but if majority rules in the household then you have to go without the mushrooms with this beef stroganoff recipe.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt, more to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper, more to taste
- 1 can beef broth
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 (16-ounce) container sour cream, do not use fat free
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef or sirloin tip steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 package egg noodles or rice, prepared
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from thehappyhousewife.com
In skillet brown meat with garlic, salt and pepper. Remove from pan and set aside.
In same skillet (leave juices from meat) add beef broth and sliced onion, sauté until the beef broth reduces and the onions are caramelized. The broth does not need to be completely evaporated.
Add beef mixture back to pan and simmer for about 3 to 5 minutes. Add sour cream and stir with salt and pepper to taste.
Pour over noodles and serve.
You'll also love
- Olive Gardens Chicken or Shrimp... 3.8/5 (593 Votes)
- Strawberry Coconut Chia Seed... 4.4/5 (229 Votes)
- Peanut Butter & Oatmeal Dream Bars... 4.5/5 (226 Votes)
- Apple Pie Snickerdoodle Cookie Bars 4.2/5 (247 Votes)
- Crock Pot Zuppa Toscana 4.3/5 (242 Votes)
- Cheesecake Crescent Rolls 4/5 (320 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Meatloaf 4.3/5 (246 Votes)
- Trisha Yearwood's Potato-Beef... 3.7/5 (316 Votes)