Beef Stroganoff without Mushrooms
It's best with mushrooms, but if majority rules in the household then you have to go without the mushrooms with this beef stroganoff recipe.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt, more to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper, more to taste
- 1 can beef broth
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 (16-ounce) container sour cream, do not use fat free
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef or sirloin tip steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 package egg noodles or rice, prepared
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from thehappyhousewife.com
In skillet brown meat with garlic, salt and pepper. Remove from pan and set aside.
In same skillet (leave juices from meat) add beef broth and sliced onion, sauté until the beef broth reduces and the onions are caramelized. The broth does not need to be completely evaporated.
Add beef mixture back to pan and simmer for about 3 to 5 minutes. Add sour cream and stir with salt and pepper to taste.
Pour over noodles and serve.
You'll also love
- Peach Bellini Cupcakes 4.4/5 (126 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Thai Chicken -- Weight... 4.3/5 (133 Votes)
- Sex-In-A-Pan Cake 4.4/5 (133 Votes)
- Crockpot Mac N Cheese 3.9/5 (211 Votes)
- OVERNIGHT BLUEBERRY FRENCH TOAST 4.6/5 (111 Votes)
- Crunchy Honey Garlic Pork Chops 4.5/5 (121 Votes)
- Mushroom Pasta Sauce 4.5/5 (108 Votes)
- Awesome Baked Pork Chops 4.5/5 (120 Votes)