Beef & Broccoli - Instant Pot
Tender, thin-sliced beef and broccoli in a rich sauce that is salty and sweet with just a little heat from the red pepper flakes. Cooking inexpensive beef chuck in the pressure cooker tenderizes the meat, so it’s not tough and chewy like stir fried beef and broccoli can often be.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless beef chuck roast, well trimmed and sliced into thin strips or flank steak cut into strips against the grain
- Salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup soy sauce*
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Broccoli florets/sugar snap peas/ thin sliced carrots (as desired)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Toasted sesame seeds or roasted cashews for garnish, optional
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from pressurecookingtoday.com
Season beef with pepper. Put olive oil in the cooking pot and select sauté. When oil begins to sizzle, brown meat in batches until all meat is browned - do not crowd. Transfer meat to a plate when browned.
When all meat is browned select Saute and add chopped onion to the pot. Saute for 1 to 2 minutes until onion starts to soften. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute more.
Add beef broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, and red pepper flakes to the pot. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
Add browned beef and any accumulated juices. Select High Pressure. Set timer for 12 minutes.
Place broccoli/carrots in microwave-safe bowl with 1/4 cup water. Microwave 3 – 4 minutes until broccoli/carrots are tender.
When beep sounds turn pressure cooker off and use quick pressure release. When valve drops carefully remove the lid.
In a cup combine cornstarch and water; stir until smooth. Add to pressure cooker pot. Stir well to combine. Select Saute and stir until sauce comes to a boil and thickens. Add steamed broccoli/carrots/sugar snap peas.
Serve over hot, cooked rice and garnish with sesame seeds/cashews.
You'll also love
- French Onion Pork Chops 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Chocolate Truffle Pie with... 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Old Bay Sauce for Fish 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Snickers Peanut Butter Brownie Ice... 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- How to Make Basic Tomato Sauce 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Sam's Famous Carrot Cake 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Chicago-Style Italian Beef Hoagies 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Crunchy Roasted Chickpeas 4.5/5 (14 Votes)