Black Bean & Corn Salsa Salad
My favorite time to make this colorful salad is during the summer, when corn is freshly picked. When I take this to a pot luck, it's gone in no time at all. For a healthy vegetarian snack, I make tortillas wraps with a layer of lime sour cream and brown rice. This recipe is very versatile, as I've even added it to my beef enchilada filling.
- 2 cups black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups corn kernels, (fresh or frozen, thawed)
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeño*, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- Juice of two limes
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from afeastfortheeyes.net
Depending on how much chili heat you can tolerate, start with about 1/3 of the jalapeño. Once the salsa/salad has been mixed and has sat for a few minutes, give it a taste. Slowly add a bit more jalapeño, until it has the spice level to your taste. For me, I use 1/2 of the jalapeño.
My measurements makes enough to serve about 8 people. You can easily improvise and increase the amount of the salad, and it will turn out great.
Combine all of the ingredients and gently toss until combined. Taste for seasoning, and add more salt-- to your taste.
Optional additions to this salad: chopped tomatoes.
Store in a sealed bowled for up to 3 days.
You'll also love
- Fish Cakes 4.1/5 (28 Votes)
- Italian Sausage Deep Dish Pizza... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- BLACKBERRY HOISIN GINGER PORK... 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Gorgonzola & Toasted Walnut Spread 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Sweet Potato & Rice Casserole 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- Hershey's Kisses Acorns 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Classic Black Beans and Rice 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Corn Chowder 4.4/5 (18 Votes)