Fried Rice in an Instant Pot
It's so easy to make delicious fried rice at home in your Instant Pot! No more getting Chinese take out just for the fried rice! You might need to buy some fortune cookies to top off the meal.
- 2 cups white rice, rinsed well and drained
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 3 eggs
- 4 to 5 scallions, chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) bag frozen peas, carrots and corn mix
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Using a strainer, rinse the white rice thoroughly for about 90 seconds until the water draining from it is no longer cloudy, but clear (NOTE: Do NOT skip this step. If you do, your rice will likely cook very mushy and too sticky)
Add the rinsed and drained rice to the Instant Pot and add the 2 cups of water. Give it a stir.
Secure the lid and hit “Manual” High Pressure for 3 minutes. When done, allow a natural release for 10 minutes followed by a quick release. Fluff the rice with a fork when done, transfer to a serving bowl and set aside.
The Instant Pot (you don’t need to clean it), Hit “Keep Warm/Cancel,” add the sesame oil and hit “Sauté” and “Adjust” so it’s on the “Medium” setting.
Once the oil begins to sizzle, scrape the bottom of the pan with a wooden spatula and add the onion. Let it cook for about a minute and then add the peas, carrots and corn. Add the butter and cook together for another 2 minutes.
Move the veggies to one side of the pot and add the eggs to the other side and constantly stir as they begin to scramble and cook. Once the egg begins to cook, mix it in with the veggies for a few moments until done.
Hit “Keep Warm/Cancel,” add the rice back in, add the soy sauce, mix together with all the other veggies and egg. You can add more soy sauce to taste if needed.
You'll also love
- White Beans with Spinach & Sausage 3.7/5 (287 Votes)
- Squash Croquettes 4/5 (45 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Onion... 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Outback Steakhouse Alice Springs... 4.2/5 (25 Votes)
- Coconut Loaf Cake 4.1/5 (26 Votes)
- Bacon, Pineapple, Chicken Kabobs 4.4/5 (25 Votes)
- Raw Mini Chocolate Cream Cakes 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Thai Fried Rice Noodles with... 4.1/5 (33 Votes)
Review this recipe