Spicy Chinese Shrimp and Sweet Potato Noodles
This lower-carb, higher fiber and vegetable dish, Spicy Chinese Shrimp and Sweet Potato Noodles, is filled with the zesty and spicy Asian flavors that will take you on a trip half way around the world. Enjoy this one-pot wonder any time of the year or at any celebratory gathering of loved ones. This recipe is made from spiralized sweet potatoes, fresh shrimp, rice vinegar, sambal oelek or chili paste, sesame oil, fresh ginger, and several other zesty Asian flavors.
- 1/2 cup Hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sambal oelek or chili paste
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2-inch fresh ginger, grated, plus 1-inch fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 pound shrimp, shells removed, de-veined
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-pound sweet potatoes, peeled and spiralized
- 2 radishes, sliced thin
- 10 mini sweet peppers, quartered
- 1/3 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 cup peanuts, roughly chopped
- fresh cilantro, roughly chopped, to garnish
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from thebellevieblog.com
To make the sauce, combine the Hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, sambal oelek or chili paste, sesame oil, 1/2-inch grated ginger, pineapple juice, soy sauce, lime juice, and honey, and mix well. Add the shrimp and set aside to sit for 20 minutes while you prep everything else.
In a large skillet heat the sesame oil over medium-high heat. Once shimmering, add the serrano, ginger, and garlic. Sauté for 1 to 2 minutes.
Add the peppers and radishes, and sauté for 5 to 8 minutes, until softened. Toss in the sweet potato noodles.
Add the sauce that the shrimp is marinating in, but hold the shrimp for now, and stir in the sweet chili sauce. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook for about five minutes, tossing once until the sweet potato noodles begin to soften.
Add in the shrimp and cook for 3 to 5 minutes longer until the shrimp is pink and cooked through.
Serve and top with chopped peanuts and fresh cilantro.
You'll also love
- Chicken in a Creamy Parmesan and... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Sheet Pan Chicken with Roasted... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Tilapia baked in parchment with... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Takeout Fried Chicken Wings 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Creamy Scalloped Potatoes with Ham 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- BBQ Chicken Twice Baked Sweet... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Garlic-Herb Breadsticks 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Roasted Fennel & Prosciutto... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)