Roasted Fennel & Prosciutto Flatbread
Gourmet without all the work! Roasted fennel and prosciutto flatbread has all the flavor combinations and crispy crust you could want!
- 1 pound bakery pizza dough
- 2 fennel bulbs
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 2 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups fontina cheese, shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1 tablespoon bottled balsamic glaze
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 80mins
Preheat oven to 425°F. Remove pizza dough from refrigerator, and let stand 30 minutes or until ready to use.
Meanwhile, trim and discard root end of fennel bulbs. Trim stalks from bulbs, and chop fronds to equal 2 teaspoons. Thinly slice fennel bulbs lengthwise, and place on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons. olive oil. Sprinkle with thyme and oregano. Bake at 425°F for 35 minutes or until edges are golden brown
Cook prosciutto in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until browned and crisp. Break prosciutto into large pieces.
Turn dough out on a lightly floured surface, and roll into a 17- x 13-inch rectangle (about 1/4 inch thick). Place dough rectangle on a lightly greased (with cooking spray) baking sheet. Brush dough with remaining 1 1/2 tsp. olive oil. Bake at 425°F for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove crust from oven, and increase oven temperature to broil.
Top crust with fontina cheese, fennel slices, and prosciutto. Broil 1 minute. Sprinkle with dried crushed red pepper, reserved 2 teaspoons. chopped fennel fronds, and coarse sea salt. Drizzle with balsamic glaze.
You'll also love
- Pizza Hut-style Cheese Bread 3.8/5 (630 Votes)
- Spinach and Cheese Flatbread 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Chipotle Scalloped Potatoes 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Smashed Fried Okra 4/5 (9 Votes)
- Grilled Pimento Cheese Sandwiches 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
- Spaghetti with Quick Turkey Chili 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Northwest Roasted Halibut 4/5 (10 Votes)
- Winter-White Fruit Cake 4.3/5 (6 Votes)