Ham & Beans - Instant Pot
For this ham & beans recipe, you can use either dried pinto beans or dried great northern beans. Soak beans ahead of time, drain and freeze for use when you need them!
- 2 cups dried beans, about one pound
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 cups chicken broth
- Water - enough to fully cover beans by an inch
- 1 smoked ham bone with plenty of meat still on it, or chunks of ham
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
Sort beans and soak in a big bowl of water overnight. When ready to use, drain water.
Set pot to "saute", heat oil and add onion; cook until translucent (about 4 minutes). Stir in the garlic; continue stirring for a little less than a minute.
Pour in broth and water; stir well. Nestle the ham bone/ham into the liquid.
Stir in the dried beans. Lock the lid back onto the pot.
Cook at high pressure for 25 minutes.
Use the natural release method to return pot's pressure to normal.
Unlock and remove the lid. Remove ham bone and take the meat off the bone. Return the meat to the pot and stir well.
Serve with cornbread!
You'll also love
- Milk Chocolate Mousse 4.6/5 (41 Votes)
- K's Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla... 3.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Chakapuli (Georgian Veal &... 3.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Texas Hash Casserole 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Sautéed Green Beans with Garlic... 4.6/5 (33 Votes)
- One Pan Chicken with Lime, Rice &... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Korean Beef Quesadillas 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Roast Beef Summer Rolls 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Maple-Dijon Baked Beans 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Christmas Rib Roast 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Apple Streusel Slab Pie 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Burrito Bowl Mason Jars 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- BLT Pasta Salad Recipe 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Split Pea Soup with Diced Ham 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Bean Soup with Ham 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- One Pot Brazilian Chickpeas & Rice 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Black Beans (Pressure Cooker) 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Ham and Beans (Stovetop) 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Pressure-Cooker Pork & Beans 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Garlic Soup Bayona 3.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Cheddar Vegetable Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chop Suey - Grandma Jones recipe 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Savory Bread Strips 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Arroz con Maiz y Jamon 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cheese Whiz Fondue 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Black-eyed Peas and Cabbage 0/5 (0 Votes)
- chickpea stew 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Green Beans – Flemish style 0/5 (0 Votes)