Roast Beef Summer Rolls
These Vietnamese summer rolls filled with roast beef from the deli and an assortment of crisp vegetables for a light and fresh appetizer to munch on any time of the year. Serve with the green curry dipping sauce recipe that is including with this recipe, and these Roast Beef Summer Rolls are guaranteed to be a hit at your next party.
- 1 large garlic clove, smashed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Thai green curry paste
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup mint, chopped
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 cups coleslaw mix
- 0.5-pounds rare deli roast beef, thinly sliced and cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 24 6-inch round rice paper wrappers, plus more in case of breakage
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
In a mortar, pound the garlic to a paste with the brown sugar and green curry paste. Add the lime juice, fish sauce and 3 tablespoons of water. Stir in half of the cilantro and mint. In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with 1 tablespoon of the green curry dipping sauce.
In a large bowl, toss the coleslaw mix with the roast beef and the remaining cilantro and mint.
Fill a pie plate with warm water. Dip 2 or 3 rice paper wrappers at a time in the water, then set them on a work surface to soften, about 1 minute. Spread a scant teaspoon of the curry mayonnaise on the bottom third of each wrapper and top with a scant 3 tablespoons of the roast beef filling. Roll the wrappers into tight cylinders, tucking in the sides as you go. Transfer the rolls to a plastic wraplined baking sheet and repeat with the remaining wrappers, curry mayonnaise and filling.
Just before serving, cut each roll in half and serve with the dipping sauce.
You'll also love
- Thai Noodle Salad 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- PORK SAUSAGE & TOMATO RIGATONI 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Mushroom-Beef Noodle Soup 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Homemade Cranberry Sauce 4.2/5 (24 Votes)
- Cranberry-Sage Champagne Cocktails 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Green Bean Casserole Recipe 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Beef Barbecue - 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Roasted Chickpeas in an Air Fryer 4.5/5 (10 Votes)