Christmas Rib Roast
No holiday is complete without a delectable Christmas Rib Roast. Christmas roasts have been a dinner staple for years, and there’s definitely a reason why. These dinner recipes pack a whole lot of flavor and can feed a whole family. This Christmas roast combines horseradish and herbs to create a one-of-a-kind taste that goes perfect with potatoes and carrots (and any other vegetable for that matter). You can serve the horseradish on the side, if you prefer, but when baked into the crust it becomes truly irresistible. This recipe is easy to cook, and is one of the better Christmas dinner ideas you’ll have all season.
- 2 sticks unsalted, softened butter
- 1 head garlic, with the cloves coarsely chopped
- 1 cup prepared horseradish
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons thyme, chopped
- 3 tablespoons rosemary, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sage, chopped
- 1 (3 to 5 pound) roast of beef
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 240mins
Preheat the oven to 325°F.
Take the horseradish, rosemary, thyme, chopped garlic, and butter and combine them (with a blender or food processor) until they create a paste.
Place the roast into a very large roasting pan, fatty side up. Take salt and pepper and season to your preference. Take the horseradish-herb paste and butter it over the top of the roast. Bake in the oven for 3 1/2 hours or until an inserted thermometer reads 125°F (Medium Rare). Take roast out of the oven and put on a carving board and let sit anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour before serving.
You can make the horseradish-herb butter a day in advance and refrigerate it overnight.
You'll also love
- Apple Streusel Slab Pie 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Upside Down Cake 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- One Pan Ranch Pork Chops & Veggies 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Peppered Bacon Wrapped Turkey Pub... 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Maple-Dijon Baked Beans 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Burrito Bowl Mason Jars 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Mushroom-Beef Noodle Soup 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Cranberry-Sage Champagne Cocktails 4.5/5 (10 Votes)