Apple Streusel Slab Pie
Slab pies are great for serving a larger crowd. This Apple Streusel Slab Pie is perfect for the holidays or potluck.
- 1 package refrigerated Pillsbury Crescent Recipe Creations Seamless Dough Sheet (or HG Alternative)
- 8 cups peeled and sliced Fuji apples (about 8-medium apples)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar (or Another HG Alternative)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, not packed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 sheets (16-crackers) low-fat graham crackers, finely crushed
- 1/4 cup light whipped butter or light buttery spread (like Brummel & Brown)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, not packed
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 140mins
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9- X 13-inch baking pan with nonstick spray.
Place dough in the pan, and stretch into a large rectangle of even thickness, covering the bottom of the pan. Pierce several times with a fork.
Place apples in a large bowl. Top with lemon juice, and toss to coat.
In a medium bowl, combine remaining pie ingredients. Add mixture to the large bowl, and toss to coat. Evenly spoon apple mixture onto the dough sheet. Cover the pan with foil, and bake for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, in another medium bowl, combine streusel ingredients. Mash and stir until well mixed and crumbly.
Remove foil. Evenly sprinkle streusel over the apple mixture.
Let pie cool slightly, about 10 minutes. Slice and serve!
You'll also love
- Cherry Slab Pie 4.4/5 (65 Votes)
- Peach Streusel Slab Pie 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Upside Down Cake 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- One Pan Ranch Pork Chops & Veggies 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Maple-Dijon Baked Beans 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- BLT Pasta Salad Recipe 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Apple, Cheddar and Spinach Salad... 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Homemade Cranberry Sauce 4.1/5 (18 Votes)