Banana Bread in an Instant Pot
Have some older bananas sitting around? Make banana bread! With this recipe, banana bread is quick and easy to make in your Instant Pot.
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 mashed bananas
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup nuts, chopped, optional
- 1 cup water
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 70mins
Adapted from copymethat.com
For this recipe, use your 7-inch push pan. Prepare the pan by buttering inside prior to adding the ingredients.
Beat a stick of room temp butter, 1/2 cups sugar, and 2 eggs until all of the sugar is mixed in a medium size bowl.
Then stir in the 3 mashed bananas before adding in the dry ingredients (2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt) and any nuts you're using. Mix until the batter is smooth, then pour it into the buttered pan. Put the trivet on the bottom of your IP pot (the liner) and add 1 cup of water. You don't want the pan to be in the water, just above it; that's why you need the trivet.
Take a piece of aluminum foil and fold it lengthwise to make a sling. This will go under your pan, but over the trivet, to make it easier to pull out the pan when it's hot. So it's the liner pot (the one that comes with the IP), then 1 cup water, then trivet, then the foil sling, then the pan with your batter.
Manual 50 minutes, 10 minutes NPR (natural pressure release) although I let it NPR for 16 minutes by accident.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.4/5 (1111 Votes)
- Eggplant Tomato Pie 3.9/5 (532 Votes)
- Baked Cod with Garlic Mayonnaise 3.8/5 (85 Votes)
- Basil & Black Garlic Pesto 4.1/5 (34 Votes)
- Lemon Sugar Cookies 4.3/5 (21 Votes)
- Easy Oven-Baked Zucchini Chips 4.3/5 (22 Votes)
- Orange Crush Cupcakes 4/5 (26 Votes)
- Oatmeal Crisp Cups with Apple... 4.3/5 (21 Votes)