Maple-Dijon Baked Beans
Canned Great Northern beans are doctored up with some Dijon mustard, molasses and maple syrup to make them a little sweet and a little spicy. Perfect side dish for your next barbecue.
- 3 (15-ounce) cans Great Northern beans
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 1/8 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 teaspoons (each) sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 70mins
Adapted from cooking.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Drain beans and place in a ceramic baking dish. Stir in onions, molasses, maple syrup, mustard, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper. Sprinkle bacon on top of beans.
Cover and bake for an hour. Remove lid during the last 15 minutes of baking. Serve topped with a sprinkling of fresh herbs such as chives or parsley, if desired.
You'll also love
- BLT Pasta Salad Recipe 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Creole Meatloaf with Tomato Gravy 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Burrito Bowl Mason Jars 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Roast Beef Summer Rolls 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- PORK SAUSAGE & TOMATO RIGATONI 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Smoky Sweet Potato Hummus 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Roasted Chickpeas in an Air Fryer 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Turkey and Cornbread Stuffing with... 4.5/5 (10 Votes)