One Pan Chicken with Lime, Rice & Black Beans
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 green onions, chopped (save darker part of green onions to garnish at the end)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2-1 whole jalapeno, chopped (add according to how spicy you want the rice)
- 2 tsp lime zest (from 1 lime)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can black beans, rinsed and well drained
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain white rice
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
Adapted from tiphero.com
1. Heat the oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the chicken pieces and cook several minutes on each side until brown.
2. Add in the light parts of the green onions and garlic and sauté for a few minutes until softened. Add the jalapeno, chicken broth, black beans, lime zest and rice.
3. Cover the pot with a lid, turn the heat to low, and cook for 20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the rice is tender and the liquid has evaporated.
4. Stir in the lime juice and cilantro.
Serves 3-4 as a main dish
You'll also love
- Baked Steak with Onions and... 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Christmas Rib Roast 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Apple Streusel Slab Pie 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- CAKE - Moist Coconut Cake 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Lemon Sorbet 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Maple-Dijon Baked Beans 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Savory Masa Corn Cakes with Green... 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Black Beans 4.5/5 (10 Votes)