Panera Bread’s Autumn Squash Soup
You can now have Panera's Autumn Squash Soup year-round with this copycat recipe that tastes just as good as the original. From squash to pumpkin to cinnamon to curry, this soup is an explosion of flavor.
- 1 extra large butternut squash
- 2 to 3 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (15-ounce) can Libby’s Pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cups apple juice
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Roasted pumpkin seeds for garnish
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 65mins
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Peel squash. Remove seeds and cut in chunks.
Place in baking dish or on cookie sheet and drizzle with oil. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Bake at 450°F for 25 to 30 minutes or until fork tender.
Mash squash with a potato masher and place in a large stock pot. Add pumpkin, apple juice, half-and-half and vegetable broth.
Puree ingredients with an immersion blender until well mixed.
Add honey, curry, cinnamon, salt and pepper and heat through about 10 to 15 minutes at a low simmer.
To serve, garnish bowls of soup with roasted pumpkin seeds.
You'll also love
- Cheese Fondue 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Low Carb Pizza-Stuffed Eggplants 4.3/5 (35 Votes)
- Panko Crusted Pork Chops 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter... 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Butternut Squash Cannelloni with... 4.2/5 (36 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Scalloped Potatoes 4.1/5 (58 Votes)
- Potato Soup 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Spaghetti Squash Pie 4.6/5 (13 Votes)