This recipe for cheese fondue is a classic, with the dry white wine and Kirsh added to the cheese mixture. Buy a good baguette to dip into this delicious fondue.
- 1/2 pound gruyere, coarsely grated cheese
- 1/2 pound emmental, coarsely grated cheese
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 garlic clove
- 2/3 cup white wine (Sauvignon Blanc is fine)
- 4 tablespoons kirsch (dry cherry brandy)
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Toss the two cheeses together with the cornstarch.
Rub the inside of a heavy saucepan with the cut garlic clove.
Add wine and 2 tablespoons of Kirsch. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the cheese mixture, stirring, until mixture is hot and smooth. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of Kirsch if mixture is too thick.
Season with nutmeg and pepper, to taste.
Transfer to a fondue pot and serve immediately with dippers of choice (i.e. bread cubes or apples).
You'll also love
- Overnight Apple Oatmeal 4.4/5 (29 Votes)
- Birthday Cake Jello Shots 4.4/5 (33 Votes)
- Deep-Fried Cajun Turkey 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Mardi Gras King Cupcakes 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Crab and Artichoke Dip 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Cheesy Lemon Angel Hair 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Deep Fried Deviled Eggs 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Chili Relleno Squares 4.4/5 (32 Votes)