Baked Raspberry Lemon Donuts
The secret to making these donuts is using a donut pan. The glaze is delicious with the fresh raspberry juice and lemon juice mixed with the sugar.
- Lemon Cake Donuts:
- 1 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 ⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- Raspberry Glaze:
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 ⁄4 cup fresh raspberries, mashed and strained for juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 20mins
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly oil two donut pans and set them aside.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons lemon juice, the zest of one lemon, 2 tablespoons canola oil, 1⁄2 cup sugar, and milk. Create a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Mix until just combined.
Line a large drinking glass with a plastic bag or piping bag with 1⁄2 inch of one corner snipped off. Scoop the batter into the bag until 3⁄4 full. Twist the end so that the batter does not come out the opposite end when squeezed. Pipe the filling into the donut pan about 2/3 of the way full. Make sure to leave the donut holes clear.
Bake donuts in preheated oven for 14 minutes, or until slightly golden and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with a dry crumb. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Prepare the glaze by whisking together the powdered sugar, raspberry juice, and lemon juice. Dip the tops of the cooled donuts into the glaze and finish with sprinkles. Place the donuts in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to let the glaze harden. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
You'll also love
- Zesty Ritz Crackers 4/5 (93 Votes)
- Mini Meatloaf with Mashed Potatoes 4.6/5 (41 Votes)
- Pineapple-Mango Green Smoothie 4.6/5 (41 Votes)
- Applebee's Copycat Shrimp and... 4/5 (121 Votes)
- Sicilian Orange Cake 4.4/5 (47 Votes)
- Strawberry Margarita Jello Shots 4.4/5 (53 Votes)
- No Bake Key Lime Cheesecake in a... 4.5/5 (44 Votes)
- Deep Dish Strawberry Rhubarb Pie... 4.3/5 (60 Votes)