Mini Meatloaf with Mashed Potatoes
- 2 eggs, beaten 2 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 cup Progresso® panko crispy bread crumbs
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce Salt and pepper
- ~ Mashed Potatoes ~
- 6 large potatoes, peeled, cubed 1/4 cup herb butter 1/4 to 1/2 cup milk Salt and pepper
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 18 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray.
2. In large bowl, mix Meat Loaf ingredients until well combined. Divide mixture evenly among muffin cups, pressing mixture down firmly.
3. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted in center of loaves reads 160ºF. Cool slightly in muffin cups.
4. While loaves are baking, in 3-quart saucepan, place potatoes in generously salted cold water. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; cook potatoes until fork-tender. Drain; return to saucepan. Add butter and 1/4 cup milk; mash until creamy and smooth, adding more milk as necessary. Season with salt and pepper. Make sure mashed potatoes are creamy and smooth so they can be piped onto meat loaves.
5. Place potatoes in 10-inch decorating bag without tip. Starting at outside of loaf and in circular motion, pipe potatoes onto each meat loaf. If desired, garnish with additional parsley and or bacon bits~ Remove from muffin cups.